The Metcomb Integrated Nanostructure Control
process creates cellular aluminum with
- Exactly defined pore size.
- Homogeneous pore structure.
- Reproducible and consistent quality.
Metcomb cellular aluminum characteristics:
- Outstanding energy absorption at constant load.
- Excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio.
- Superior mechanical damping capacity and vibration control.
- Isotropic properties to absorb impact energy regardless of impact direction.
- Reproducible quality to enable mass production.
- Environmental friendliness.
- Simple production process.
Metcomb cellular metal characteristics:
- High form stability.
- 100% recyclable.
Applications for cellular aluminum include:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Mechanical engineering
Automotive applications include:
- — door side impact (intrusion) beams, crash boxes near front and rear bumpers, driver-side knee bolsters, passenger knee bolsters, and A-pillar and B-pillar head impact protectors
- — transverse links, engine mount, casting cores for suspension parts, A,B and C-pillar reinforcements and sill reinforcement parts